The Ultimate 2018 Cherry Blossom Roadmap
Locals and tourists flock to participate in the whimsical display of cherry blossoms every spring in Japan and South Korea. KKday, Asia’s largest travel platform, has organized The Ultimate 2018 Sakura Roadmap to help guide you on a tour of Japan and South Korea’s most beautiful blooms. Check below to see when and where you can expect to catch the pink petal show.
Kansai will be kicking off the cherry blossom (a.k.a. sakura) season. When in Kansai, seeing the blossoms in Kyoto is a must . Train enthusiasts can take The Sagano Scenic Railway through a cherry blossom forest. Choose to spend a romantic afternoon sightseeing while taking in views of sakura on a horse-drawn carriage, or opt to hop aboard the Hozu River Boat and cruise down the cherry blossom-lined canyon for some truly jaw-dropping photo ops at the famous take you through petal adorned pathways then settle into your evening with a much-needed foot massage.
Make the most of the spring in Japan and head to Tokyo to enjoy the cherry blossoms. Chidorigafuchi Park and Ueno Park are must-see sights while in Tokyo. Chidorigafuchi Park is located on the western side of the Imperial Palace, and boasts the sight of a cherry blossom-lined moat. Looking down from the bridge, catch sight of petals drifting into the water below while the occasional boat rows by. Ueno Park features a variety of cherry blossoms; walk through the dense canopy of blossoms and take in amazing sights that locals have observed for centuries.
According to Kweather, South Korea’s most reputable weather source, Jeju will also be overflowing with pink cherry blossoms by late March. Mother Nature will then work her way up north and Seoul will be in bloom by April 8th. Listed by CNN as one of the “50 Beautiful Places to Visit in South Korea”, Jinhae is nothing short of breathtaking. Located away from both Seoul and Busan, Jinhae is definitely worth a day trip to escape from that busy city life. Between April 1st and April 10th, you can see Jinhae at its
finest during the Gunhangje Cherry Blossom Festival. As a testament to its beauty, multiple Korean dramas have been filmed on the bridge that crosses the cherry blossom-lined stream passing through the town. Admire the sight of trains passing through a cherry blossom forest at Gyeonghwa Station. Take a stroll through Jehwangsan Park and take in the stunning views of the entire city of Jinhae covered in sakura.
Arashiyama Bridge. If you’re after something a little more low-key, sit back and let a rickshaw
KKday is an online platform that specializes in local in-destination tours and guides. Through a collection of highly curated experiences, KKday provides travelers an avenue to find exciting off-grid activities and book them easily through our platform. As the largest travel e-commerce platform in Asia, KKday is currently hosting over 10,000 experiences from over 80 countries and 500 cities. Our platform is multilingual and supports both traditional and simplified Chinese, English, Japanese, Korean, and other languages. Our goal is to be accessible and help all types of travelers find and experience new things.
● Founded in 2015 by Ming Ming Chen (CEO)
● Offices located in 11 countries, including Taiwan, Hong Kong, Singapore, Korea, Japan, Malaysia, Thailand, Philippines, Indonesia, Vietnam, and China (Shanghai)
● The company has grown from the initial 20 employees in 2015, to our current 280
● Total fund raising to-date: over US$23 million
● Series B: US$10.5 million led by Japanese travel industry leader H.I.S. with participation from existing investor MindWorks Ventures.
● Series A+: US$7 million led by Monk’s Hill Ventures and AppWorks along with participation from multiple other strategic investors including Hong Kong based
Mindworks Ventures, Cathay Venture and Substance Capital Limited.
● Series A: US$4.5 million led by AppWorks Ventures, a venture capital firm in Taiwan, and saw participation from 91Capital, a corporate investment arm.
● Angel round: US$1.68 million
Key Stats (as of 22 Feb, 2018 )
● Currently hosting over 10,000 local experiences from over 80 countries and 500 cities
● 15 currencies supported with 7 language services provided
● Over 1.5 million followers on social media from Facebook, Instagram, Line, Youtube, Twitter, and more
● Over 1.8 million monthly visitors
● Over 1.5 million registered members
● Respond to over 15,000 monthly calls by customer service representatives
● Obtained an average 4.62 / 5 score in product ratings